Monday 2 May 2011

Broughton Bound!

After managing to successfully navigate the tidal rips off Quadra's Mudge Point, we are safely in Campbell River, stealing wireless from the local Starbucks and catching up with the (highly unfortunate) election. The last few days have been full of fun, sun, and fair winds. Highlights so far include visiting our friend Christine Chourmouzis on Gabriola where she is enrolled in an amazing boat-building school, cooking supper on the beach on Hornby Is., and watching Peanut gain her sea legs. Somewhat. She's getting there. 

We've been neglecting the photo upload and proper blogging, so for now, here are some shots of Nakusiak getting her annual pre-departure clean up last week. The route, photos of Charlotte's rosy cheeks & Lisa's freckley face, and more to come soon at the next internet stop!

Seb waiting for the tide to go out at the Burrard Civic tide grid

Brrr! A chilly day under the bridge. 


.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Char!! Boat looks fab - can't wait to see her. You look good too. What a strange, strange night -- I'm over the moon about the 1st GREEN MP/rep in N. America --- and the NDP in Stornaway -- voted NDP all my life ...BUT the harper majority --- boooooooooo. Sooooooooo depressing. I feel like when Bush came in - I want to leave the country. It's simply awful. Oh well, these things come and go. Reagan, Bush, Bush Jr. ...
    You must feel far from all that ..
    Thanks for coming to my farewell party - so happy. I move tomorrow and Wed. Warm regards, Slantey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Char.
    I'll be following ya! Was thinking of you on the ocean blue this weekend whilst the gorgeous sun shined. Happy sailing!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous, can't wait until I'm off to Desolation Sound in June.

    Great about NDP. Rotten about Harper and his majority.
    Can't decide what my views are about Bin Laden's assassination.

    Happy sailing,

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic idea about the blog! Now we can all live vicariously through you.

    I heard on the radio the other day that the conservatives are like Nickleback: no one you know seems to like them, but they always end up doing pretty good! haha.

    happy sailing. looking forward to the pics and stories to come :)

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like another great sailing adventure.

    I met some folks the other day who sailed from Cape Town up through Madagascar, the Seychelles and the Maldives, to Sri Lanka and India...

    it got me thinking that we could sail the long way round to Brazil for the world cup in 2014.

    Just a thought.
    Fair winds my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO

    Keep up the posting!

    Safe Travels and let it be known that Good Vibes are being sent your way!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,

    We haven't officially met, but I've been reading your blog. I think I'm in love with you. I hope we can meet soon. And hopefully get married and have lots of babies.

    Love,

    Your secret admirer

    ReplyDelete